I feel like this is the podcast that every mama needs but that nobody really talks about – how to get work done during school holidays when you’re running your own business.
Let’s not pretend that it’s easy to keep a business running when you’re looking after small children during school holidays, especially if in your neck of the woods you’re coming up to the big mama holidays. It’s f*cking hard.
To be honest, I’ve never known any different than to build my business around my girls – I first started the podcast when Chloe was a year old and I was also working part-time as a Marketing Consultant for an elite Girls’ School.
That doesn’t mean I haven’t felt resentment and like I’ve had a rope tied around my waist as I’ve tried to implement and create something, have a creative outlet, and feel like there has been something more to my life – other than to be a mother.
What I’ve learned since then though is that mom guilt serves nobody – not yourself and not your children and I’ve made strides in navigating school holidays with my children, as well as generally running a business alongside my kids.
In today’s podcast, I share:
- How I structure my year and workload around school holidays and what that looks like
- The big 4 mindset reframes that have helped me feel good about working alongside parenting
- A BUNCH of practical tips for getting work done during school holidays
This is just one of the articles I shared in the Well Conceived Mastermind monthly magazine, Peace + Profit – if you’d like to know more and jump on the waitlist for the Mastermind (exclusively for women who run health and wellness businesses) then click here.
LINKS + WORK WITH ME
- Free Case Study – How we got 1500 launch-ready email subscribers in 3 weeks
- Get a 30 Day Free Trial of Kartra – our Course, Email and Funnel Software
- Swipe our Manychat Setup (and our Instagram Story to Subscribers Sequences + more)
- Want to launch an online course? Jump on the waitlist here.
- Work with me in the Well Conceived Mastermind
- 1:1 Coaching
- Daily tips on growing your audience, impact and revenue (without sacrificing your life): @robynbirkin