1:1 Coaching can be great, but there often comes a time when you’re ready for more space and freedom with a signature program So that…
- You have more time flexibility
- You can take on an unlimited # of clients
- You can simplify how you help people
- You can become known for one transformation
- You can automate or eliminate large parts of your business (like discovery calls)
Hard truth incoming below…
If you can only commit to part-time hours in your business and you aren’t making $100,000 in revenue yet, it might be because your available time is being sucked up through a 1:1 model.
Health Coach Training, Life Coach School, University…. most of them…
Promote individual coaching and consulting as a business model for success…
And…. 100% this can be helpful when you’re getting started to:
- Get to know your people
- Develop a consistent formula and know intimately how to help
- Get some initial income through the door
But… if you can only commit to part-time hours, you’re going to burn out pretty quickly and tap out at a revenue level that is… if you’re working with women in general society (as opposed to other business owners)… way less than $100,000.
Business and life will feel uphill.
You’ll feel exhausted, jaded and resentful.
I know, because I’ve been there.
So… you’re ready to step away from 1:1 coaching to create your signature program but… it can feel like a chicken and egg scenario.
Here’s how you can step out of 1:1 coaching to create your signature program. I’ve laid it all out in a step-by-step way.
- Up your Prices
I’m sure this feels completely scary but if you aren’t able to create your signature program because your time is sucked up by serving too many 1:1 clients, it’s time to create some space (honestly – if you want to move out of so much 1:1 time, the only way is to create time elsewhere).
So, we up your prices. What will happen next is that you might lose a few clients but that’s the goal. The aim isn’t to retain everyone. A few of your best clients will likely stay, and you’ll then hopefully retain 50 – 75% of your clients, while not taking as large an income cut (or even maintaining your income).
If you feel really nervous about doing this, consider other ways in which you can increase the value you provide to your clients that aren’t 1:1 time.
- Group Office Hours Sessions
- Advance Access to the program or product you’re about to create
- A networking group or community
- Create a runway
Allow yourself some time to create and warm up your audience by leaning out your expenses and building a revenue runway of 3-6 months.
This has been a game changer for me when I’ve been in periods of transition.
At the same time as you up your prices, it’s time to review all of your expenses and your spending and see where you could be a little bit more of a chipmunk and lean out your business.
This takes away some of the pressure of needing things to be successful straight away (because sometimes when you completely switch your business model, there’s some education that has to happen with your audience, and sometimes there are some kinks that need to be worked out too).
It also means that you’re giving yourself some breathing space to make it work.
Brainstorm your program at a very basic level.
- What is the transformation?
- What one problem does this solve?
- Who is it for?
- How long would it take to achieve?
- Any other essential, top-line requirements…
Switching over your products and services from a 1:1 model to a 1:many model doesn’t mean that you have to create an entire program or product and do a full-blown launch straight away. Awww Heck no. In fact, if you do that, you risk the program build taking nearly forever and putting something out to market that there may not be demand for.
Cue the next step….
- Assess Demand
In the Launch Easy Method, we have several options to allow you to assess demand for your program before creating any of the course content and ensure you have an audience of buyers ready, before having to put in the work.
Your audience is inherently people pleasers so it will never work to put something out on Stories or emails and ask if they’d be interested: you’ll always get WAY more people to say yes and never follow through to buy – so the only way to really assess demand – is to create the opportunity for people to buy.
So that’s the 4-step process to stepping away from 1:1 coaching and into a 1:many approach with your signature program.
LINKS + WORK WITH ME
- Free Case Study – How we got 1500 launch-ready email subscribers in 3 weeks
- Get a 30 Day Free Trial of Kartra – our Course, Email and Funnel Software
- Swipe our Manychat Setup (and our Instagram Story to Subscribers Sequences + more)
- Want to launch an online course? Jump on the waitlist here.
- Work with me in the Well Conceived Mastermind
- 1:1 Coaching
- Daily tips on growing your audience, impact and revenue (without sacrificing your life): @robynbirkin